Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Saturday, April 21, 2012

2/29/12 Nehemiah Update

2/29/12

Nehemiah had a long day of fighting for his life yesterday.

We received partial results for two of the tests that were run Monday.

He has a large VSD (Ventricular septar defect) in his hart as well as some small ones. The cardiologists will be giving recommendations as needed. Right now they are just watching him.

One of his kidneys is larger than the other one, but so far, he is having normal output, and that is a good sign.

He developed a problem with his blood yesterday. It was described to me as being like jaundice. They put him under a UV lamp to treat that. Josh had to have sunglasses to hang out with him.

I still have not gotten to see him again, and I am finding it hard to get the doctors to talk to me. None of them have been by since they took him to the other hospital, and the one that I tracked down on the phone talked way over my head. My doctor (OB/GYN) went to see Nehemiah yesterday, and this morning he explained some of the things the other doctor had said. I am thankful that God led me to him and that I have had him as my doctor. I am hopeful that I will be recovered enough to be released from the hospital soon, so I can go see Nehemiah and maybe get to talk to his doctors face to face.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. This has been very hard to deal with, and we cherish the prayer support. I know it has been helping us. We can feel it. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment