Sunday, July 6, 2014
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Jesus Washes Over Me...
I find myself avoiding music.
Upbeat that doesn't reach deep inside...
Celebrating every small accomplishment...
Avoiding music and real emotions...
I wish I could hold Nehemiah again.
about how wonderful Jesus is.
Then Jesus washes over me like a wave.
Then He soothes me like a salve.
And I realize...
Ohhhhh, how true the songs were.
As Jesus washes over me...
I am sad,
and I am happy...
He is all I promised Nehemiah He was.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
When darkness seems to win…'Cause what if your blessings come through rain dropsWhat if Your healing comes through tearsWhat if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise”.
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth.
God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,[b]
for they will be satisfied.
God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.
God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.” -- Matthew 5:3-10
Saturday, February 23, 2013
103. The way he smells after a shower.
102. The way he hugs me tight in bear hugs.
101. The way he likes to hug me.
100. The way he prays over me.
99. The way he cries when he worships God to Rich Mullins.
98. The way he desires to provide for our family.
97. The way he takes his word seriously.
96. He loves sci-fi.
95. He reads to me.
94. He likes to play games.
93. He is not competitive when he plays games with me.
92. His kiss.
91. He loves my iron skillet Brussels Sprouts.
90. He likes my artichoke chicken.
89. He loves my roasted asparagus.
88. He raves over my salad dressing.
87. He encourages me to paint.
86. He raves over how wonderful all my craft projects are.
85. He likes my paintings.
84. He thinks my paintings should be worth a lot of money.
83. He buys me paints.
82. He surprises me with flowers.
81. He encourages me to sew.
80. He cares about my dreams.
79. He really loves God.
78. He reads his bible every day.
77. He likes NCIS.
76. He likes Star Trek.
75. He loves his mom.
74. He loves his sisters.
73. He's best friends with his borther.
72. He makes me a priority.
71. He texts me a hundred times a day.
70. He Google Chats with me.
69. He video chatted every night when he couldn't be with Nehemiah and I in Birmingham.
68. He cares if I have had a bad day.
67. He loved Nehemiah.
66. He supports my grief over Nehemiah... even the ways that are different than his.
65. He grieves Nehemiah with me.
64. He values his friends.
63. He loves making stuff.
62. He loves fixing stuff.
60. He changes the oil in my car.
59. He fixes my car's breaks.
58. He respects my dad.
57. He likes my brother.
56. The way he is Susanna's special uncle.
55. The way he laughs with Leah.
54. The way he loves his nephews.
53. The way he supports me in supporting my friends.
52. The way he supports my love of my nieces.
51. The way he took care of me when I was pregnant.
50. The way he fixes me breakfast in bed.
49. The way he is excited to tell me everything.
48. The way he shares his day with me.
47. The way he takes my side.
46. The way he loves my family simply because they are my family.
45. The way he lets me love Copper.
44. The way he helps me take care of Copper.
43. The way he is proud of his sister.
42. The way he is proud of the accomplishments of his friends.
41. The way he is learning to be a better man... growing in God, getting stronger.
40. The way he supports the things I do to try to better myself.
39. The way he leads us to church.
38. The way he loves our Sunday School class.
37. The way he helps me be early to church on the days I teach Sunday School.
36. The way he helps me study to teach Sunday School.
35. The way he has my back in any life situation.
34. The way his skin feels.
33. His eyes.
32. His hands.
31. The way he rubs my head when I have a headache.
30. The way he held Nehemiah.
29. The way he loved watching me hold Nehemiah.
28. He tries to buffer my stress.
27. The way he read to Nehemiah.
26. The way he loved to hear me sing to Nehemiah.
25. The way he helped me nurse Nehemiah.
24. The way he stands so strong for things he believes to be right.
23. The stand he takes on movies.
22. The stand he takes on TV shows.
21. The stand he takes on book content.
20. To hear him sing in church.
19. The compromises he makes over music vs. TV in the evening.
18. The way he lets me decorate.
17. The way he wants to make our house and home a reflection of us.
16. The drive he has for quality workmanship.
15. The way he cleans the floor.
14. The way he helps in the kitchen.
13. The way he does the laundry.
12. The way he really wants to get me all the things I need or want.
11. The way he likes the beach.
10. Biking with him.
9. We love the same restaurants.
8. Worshiping with him.
7. Hearing him talk about the latest thing he read in the bible.
6. The way he helps me set up for Saturday programs.
5. He volunteers at my work just for me.
4. He thinks I am the best at my job.
3. Swimming with him.
2. His love of sunsets.
1. The way he out of the blue just says, "do you know I love you?"
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- Read two full chapters (one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament) from the bible and ask God what He wants to say to me everyday.
- Thank God for at least 10 things everyday.
- Pray for My Love and our marriage every morning and evening.
- Purposefully do at least one special thing each week to make My Love a priority and show my love for him. Be creative with it, and do a variety of things throughout the year.
- Do at least one thing a week to pamper myself or just for my enjoyment because I am special to God.
- Integrate principles from Messies Anonymous (www.messies.com) to organize our house, improve the flow of our house, and lesson the stress of housekeeping for My Love and I.
- Make exercise like going to work, eating breakfast, and brushing my teeth. That is, make it something that I just do everyday. Stop thinking of it as an extra something. It makes the rest of my daily activities easier and hurt less. It is necessary.
- Pray daily that I reflect God and honor Him in how I do my job and relate to others (staff & public) at work.
- Evaluate all the "Rules" that I live by: are they biblical, are they beneficial to both Josh and I, why do I think I "have" to do this.
- Seek ways to show my love and appreciation for all the wonderful people God has placed in my life.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Three months ago today God blessed us with a beautiful son we named Nehemiah. Hard to believe it has only been three months. Our lives were so forever changed by God through him. Thank you, Jesus, for Nehemiah. Give him a kiss from Mommy and Daddy.
Friday, May 25, 2012
I have been having a bad week. I was ready to give up and crawl in a hole. I did not feel God. I miss my sweet baby. And, I just did not feel connected to My Love. But, a friend reached out to me and shared this scripture. I read it and asked again for a touch from God and for His help in connecting with My Love. He answered with a great night with My Love and the strength that connecting with him brings, and I feel I might can face another day. I am still begging Him [Jesus] to stay close to me and to ease the pain, but He gave me hope just when I was ready to give up and crawl in a hole.
Thank you God for the answered prayer, thank you for strength from my husband, thank you for my husband, and thank you for using my friend to reach out to me with your word.
Luke 11:9-10 New Living Translation (NLT)
“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."