- Pray for him... out loud & in front of him.
- Give him lots of hugs.
- Believe in him, & show it in the way I talk to him about his job search.
- Share the verse of the week with him. Then share how it encourages me about our situation.
- Thank him often for all the stuff he does around the house & for me
Monday, August 23, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
- Faith. Oh LORD, help my unbelief. I need you so desperately right now!
- Trust. Trust God with my current situation. Turn my husband, his job situation, and our finances over to God. Don't worry. Be happy in the LORD... and not just when I am having a quiet time. Practice those principles all day. Trust. Really trust God with my future... and My Love's... each time that nagging fear starts to try to ease into my brain - deny it. Counter it with a way God has provided for me in the past and scripture. Here's a couple to chew over:
Luke 12:6-7 (New Living Translation)
Philippians 4:4-9 (New Living Translation)
What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins?Yet God does
not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all
numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole
flock of sparrows."
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see
that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming
soon.Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God
what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience
God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard
your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.And now, dear brothers and
sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable,
and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are
excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned
and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the
God of peace will be with you."
- Thank him for doing the dishes.
- Thank him for doing a great job with the laundry, and help him fold it all and put it away.
- Help him write cover letters for his job search.
- Help him dress for interviews.
- Let him know all the ways I need him.
- Speak to him with balance. Be honest about my fears for our finances while he is without work, but balance it with speech of faith.
- Do not lie to him. Acknowledge that I know he is not perfect and has faults, but emphasize that I love him anyway. Then emphasize the things he is good at, and help him to see how to turn his weaknesses into strength.
- Thank God for him in front of him.
- Pray for him out loud!
- Hug him often.
- Watch my tong. Temper my frustrations. Don't bottle them up, but don't take them out on him!
- Get over my needs and fulfill him. Especially now. He needs to be respected by me, needed by me, and fulfilled by me. I can do it with God's help. I know the job God gave me, and I know I can do it as I trust Him.