Things my husband does for me that show he really cares:
- Does the dishes every night.
- Gets up consistently at 6:40 AM so that I can be on time for work at 8:00 since I need to give him a ride to his work... even though he doesn't have to be at work until 8:30 AM.
- Eats whatever I fix... even if it is fish which he doesn't really like.
- Brags on my food.
- Makes time to spend with me.
- Works on solving storage problems for me.
- Does my laundry.
- Gives great hugs.
- Tries to be on time for church... even though it goes against his nature and personality.
- Watches TV... he doesn't like to, but he knows that I do.
- Wishes he could buy me flowers.
- Tells me he is in it with me when things get really harry and bad.
- Takes a shower... even when he doesn't think he needs one, but I do.
Things I can do for my husband to show I really care:
- Cook food that he likes.
- Make snacks that he really likes.
- Make sure he doesn't forget his lunch.
- Take time out for him everyday... even when it doesn't seem possible.
- Listen to his dreams.
- Listen to his techno talk.
- Bike with him.
- Give him lots of hugs.
- Tell him how I need him.
- Treat him like the most important thing in my life.
- Respect his individuality, needs, and opinions.
- Let him fail... don't impress my perfectionist tendencies on him.
This was a good exercise. I would challenge any married person to take it.
Until next time...