Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Daring Love to Meet Needs

I read this love dare this week:

"Lord, teach me what real love is & make me a loving person."

And, I thought, "I want God to teach me to love my husband and make me a loving person. I don't always feel like I am. I feel like I struggle with selfishness."

Then I read in Dr. Leman's book "7 Things He'll never tell you {but you need to know}" that my husband has three major need:

1. to be RESPECTED
2. to be NEEDED
3. to be FULFILLED

And, I thought, "I needed that. I have been forgetting those things as of late."

So... my goals this week? Learn to love my husband. Pray for God to show me how. And, show my husband respect. Think about my responses before I respond. Think, "Does that reply honor my husband or is it selfish?" and, "Will that make my husband feel needed?" This week it is my goal to act or speak only after I have thought about the impact it will have on my husband.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment