Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Thursday, December 17, 2009

3 Things I can do to Encourage my Husband

Yesterday, my homework was to write down three things that I can do that will be an encouragement to my husband. Here they are:

  • Praise him. Complement what he has done. Complement him on trying to do stuff. Complement his heart on wanting to do stuff. Praise him. Make him feel good about who he is and what he does, but be careful to be sincere. He will know if I am not.
  • Touch him more. One of his primary love languages is physical touch. So, even though I am busy and might not be in the mood to be affectionate, make sure I spend time everyday being affectionate to him... and especially don't push him away when he approaches me.
  • Put notes in his lunch box just to say "I love you, and I'm thankful for you."

Today's homework:

Write down three things about your appearance that you can change, which he is sure to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment