Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summing up a Husbands 3 Basic Needs

I read in Dr. Leman's Book "7 things he'll never tell you {but you need to know}" that my husband has three basic needs:

1. Respect
2. to feel Needed
3. to be fulfilled

I have been thinking long and hard about my part in meeting these needs. The summary of what I have come up with is below.
  • Respect means: to feel or show deferential regard for; esteem
    to avoid violation of or interference with... such as in respecting the speed limit
    to relate or refer to; concern... So, show concern for what my husband feels and thinks, esteem him, try not to violate his sense of right and wrong, regard him as highly important and refer to him often. Put him first and foremost in my life.
  • Need is defined as: "A lack of something required or desirable 2. Something required or wanted; a requisite 3. Necessity "... So, make sure my husband knows he is a necessity in my life. He likes to do things for me... let him... even if he does not do it how I would do it... He is that important. And, tell him how much I need him to help me... because I really do. I am not super woman.
  • Fulfilled... (this one really boggled me) means, "To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises. To measure up to; satisfy. To bring to an end; complete." According to Dr. Leman I need to be a willing wife sexually for my husband to feel fulfilled... So, flirt often, carry through, and make enjoyment known.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment