Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let the Praise Music Begin!


Jesus Washes Over Me... 

I find myself avoiding music.  
I find myself walling myself in with focus on duties...
Work, laundry, cooking, housework...
Upbeat that doesn't reach deep inside...
Celebrating every small accomplishment...
Avoiding music and real emotions...

Then I force myself to listen to what I was avoiding.
I choose to praise no matter my circumstances or emotions.

Then Jesus washes all over me.
Then the tears start.

I wish I could hold Nehemiah again.
I wish I could see his little lips go "Ohhhh" 
as I tell him stories and sing him songs
about how wonderful Jesus is.

Then Jesus washes over me like a wave.
Then He soothes me like a salve.
And I realize...
Ohhhhh, how true the songs were.

As Jesus washes over me...
As the tears flow....
I realize just how really, truly wonderful Jesus is...

I am sad,
and I am happy...
Jesus is so, so very, very.... 

He is all I promised Nehemiah He was.
And one day... 
I will live with them.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but made me cry. You will join Nehemiah when it is your time to pass to the other side. I pray for you and your hubby to have peace and joy. You are still young, life has many things for you. Our Heavenly Father has plans for you and some of them will surprise you. You are in my prayers always.
    Alice.

    ReplyDelete