Following God with Courage

"This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be

afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Husband Encouragement for week of August 9:

  • Thank him for doing the dishes.
  • Thank him for doing a great job with the laundry, and help him fold it all and put it away.
  • Help him write cover letters for his job search.
  • Help him dress for interviews.
  • Let him know all the ways I need him.
  • Speak to him with balance. Be honest about my fears for our finances while he is without work, but balance it with speech of faith.
  • Do not lie to him. Acknowledge that I know he is not perfect and has faults, but emphasize that I love him anyway. Then emphasize the things he is good at, and help him to see how to turn his weaknesses into strength.
  • Thank God for him in front of him.
  • Pray for him out loud!
  • Hug him often.
  • Watch my tong. Temper my frustrations. Don't bottle them up, but don't take them out on him!
  • Get over my needs and fulfill him. Especially now. He needs to be respected by me, needed by me, and fulfilled by me. I can do it with God's help. I know the job God gave me, and I know I can do it as I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment